Boswellia serrata is an Ayurvedic herb that has a long history of use for connective tissue and joint support. Boswellic acids, the active terpenoid constituents of boswellia, may maintain healthy 5-lipoxygenase enzyme activity and healthy leukotriene metabolism. In addition, boswellic acids may maintain healthy human leukocyte elastase enzyme activity. The combination of these two actions is believed to be unique to boswellia. As a result of its effect on 5-lipoxygenase, boswellia also plays a key role in supporting colon health.
- Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata) extract (gum resin)400 mg
- (standardized to contain 60% boswellic acids)
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
- 1 capsule, 3 times daily, with meals.